- The Essential Cyclist
- Arnie Baker M. D.
- Century Training Program
- Marla Streb
- Heart Zone Cycling
- Sally Edwards & Sally Reed
- Easy Biking in Northern California
- Anne Marie Brown
- Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance
- Lennard Zinn
From the Peloton
- Rough Ride
- Paul Kimmage
- Irish rider Paul Kimmage turned professional on the European circuit but soon became disillusioned, especially by the prevailing drug culture.
- A Dog in a Hat
- Joe Parkin
- The essential truths you’ll learn about Belgian bike racing are timeless. And the self-effacing (and often hilarious) way Joe narrates the absurdity of these traditions will make you laugh out loud.
- Need for the Bike
- Paul Fournel
- A series of poetic meditations on why we crave to suffer on the bike, and why it brings us such sweet redemption.
- French Revolutions
- Tim Moore
- Bobke II
- Bob Roll
- A journal from former racer and everyone’s favorite gonzo-commentator.
- Bicycle Love: Stories of Passion, Joy, and Sweat
- Garth Battista (ed.)
- You’re not as crazy as they think you are.
- It’s Not About the Bike
- Lance Armstrong
- It is about the bike—duh!
- The Death of Marco Pantani
- Matt Rendell
- Put Me Back on My Bike: In Search of Tom Simpson
- William Fotheringham
- Tom Simpson’s death on Mont Ventoux in the 1967 Tour de France is seared into the memory of generations of cycling fans, especially British and French. This is a workmanlike account of Simpson’s life and death.
- The Art of Bicycling
- Justin Daniel Belmont (ed.)
- Dancing on the Pedals, the Found Poetry of Phill Liggett
- Phil Liggett & Doug Donaldson (ed.)
Coffee Table Books
- Cycling’s Golden Age: Heroes of the Postwar Era, 1946-1967
- Brett Horton, Shelly Horton & Owen Mulholland
- Campagnolo, 75 years of Cycling Passion
- Paolo Facchinetti
- Tour de France, The Historic 1978 Event
- Robin Magowan
- Bicycle: The History
- David V. Herlihy
- The Rider
- Tim Krabbe
- Krabbe’s classic covers one ride, the 150km Tour de Mont Aigoual in France. You don’t need to be a racer or even love racing to enjoy this short book.
- The Yellow Jersey
- Ralph Hurne
- Bicycling and the Law
- Bob Mionske
- No more arguing about whether a bike has the same rights as a car. It’s all there in black and white.
- The Quotable Cyclist
- Bill Strickland (ed.)
- A Bike Trail That Traces the Way to Freedom , New York Times, May 29, 2009
- Turning a Century in California, New York Times, May 30, 2008
- It Is About the Bike, New York Times, January 30, 2005